McQueens Dairies is an established and expanding family dairy in the UK, with a proven track record of continued growth. Trading since 1995, our aim is to update the traditional doorstep delivery, bringing value and great service to our customers.
Our customer base has continued to strive with continuous growth through the UK, where we have additionally invested in our own production and bottling plant with a belief we can ensure our products will always be fresh and nutritious. We are currently recruiting for an experienced Payroll Officer with the knowledge and capability to manage and process the weekly and monthly group payroll independently within our team in Glasgow.
- Process all stages of the payroll including collating absence information for processing, BACS payments and closing the company’s weekly and monthly payrolls.
- Ensure that all information and documentation required is complete prior to processing
- Collating and checking weekly bonus reports and importing into MiraclePay
- Calculating average holiday pay calculations
- Review payroll reporting prior to despatch
- Ensuring delivery of payroll requirements within the agreed timescales
- Liaise directly with employees and HMRC when dealing with payroll related queries
- Preparing payroll admin letters as required and general admin tasks
- Process payroll year-end
- Manage company auto enrolment process – adding new starts, removing leavers and making sure that all correspondence is up to date.
- General administrative duties, e.g. photocopying, scanning and filing, responding to letters and emails.
- Previous experience working within a fast-paced weekly payroll department either in-house or within a practice is essential
- Good working knowledge of payroll processing procedures and legislation is essential
- Excellent organisational skills with ability to prioritise workload and forward plan
- A confident communicator with a pleasant telephone manner and able to communicate at all levels
- Good technical knowledge inclusive of all aspects of Auto-Enrolment
- Methodical with an eye for detail
- Computer literate and have good payroll systems experience and Microsoft Office packages
- Miracle Payroll Software experience would be beneficial
- 40 Hours – Monday to Friday
- Salary up to £24,000 per annum, depending on experience.
- Pension – Auto-enrolment.
- Job Type: Full-time/Permanent – 3-month probation period.
Please apply with your CV through Indeed.