Warm up your winter with this creamy carrot soup with milk. Perfect for those cold winter days and it’s one of your 5 a day.
Creamy Carrot Soup with Milk
- 1 kg Carrots
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1.2 Litres Vegetable broth
- 250 ml McQueens Dairies Milk
- Hint of salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp Plain flour
- First, peel and chop the carrots. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter and cook the carrots in the butter for 5 minutes.
- Next, add the vegetable broth then cover with a lid and bring to the boil, then cook on a medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until the carrots are soft.
- Strain the soup and keep the liquid. Puree the carrots with a hand-blender. Melt the rest of the butter in the pot.
- Then, sprinkle the flour on top and slowly start adding the vegetable broth whilst mixing continuously.
- Add your McQueens milk and the carrots to the pot, mix well and allow it to bubble for a few minutes.
- Add some salt & pepper (optional) or add more milk, depending on how you like the consistency of your soup. Serve and enjoy.
We think you will love our version of creamy carrot soup with milk. You can use any milk from whole milk to organic to add to your soup. Will you be trying this winter warmer? Use the hashtag #mcqueensdairies on social media and let us see your versions!
Join thousands of customers and enjoy fresh milk, juice and eggs delivered straight to your doorstep before 7am.