Where McQueens Milk Comes From
Ever wondered where McQueens Dairies source their milk?
At McQueens Dairies, we source our milk from a farmer-owned co-operative called First Milk. Like McQueens, First Milk is 100% British – it is the only dairy co-operative in the UK 100% owned by its local British farmers, and we’ve been working with them since we opened our first dairy in 1995.
First Milk supplies us with fresh milk collected from its local family farms. These farmers are all part of First Milk because, as a co-operative business, it exists to deliver a fair price for its farmers.
What working with First Milk Means
- You can be confident that all your milk is top quality, and produced to the highest standards
- The milk in our bottles can be traced back to a British farm
- Each is farm audited by the Red Tractor Farm Assurance scheme
- Most farms are local family farms that graze their cows on grass as much as possible
- Farmers are encouraged to care for the environment, producing food in the most responsible way available, whilst forming a vital part of local, rural communities.
First Milk believe all businesses have a responsibility to act sustainably
First Milk are committed to achieving net-zero by 2040 at the latest, with a target to:
- Reduce their carbon footprint at farm-level by 50% by 2030
- Achieve net-zero in transport and processing by 2035.
- Sequester 100,000t of CO2e per annum on members’ farms by 2025
- Focus on utilising renewable sources of energy in their processing sites by 2030.
- Our family is fully committed to updating the doorstep delivery and we want to sell the highest quality milk direct to our customers.
We want to make sure milkmen don’t become a thing of the past and we believe that with the right product and delivery service there is still room in the future for the milkman.
Pop your postcode into our postcode checker to see if we deliver in your area.