Eggs Benedict Recipe
17th September 2020
Enjoy the delicious taste of an American style brunch, all made within 10 minutes! Eggs Benedict is a brunch time classic that we are sure you will love to make with your McQueens Dairies eggs.
- 4 large Eggs
- 2 slices of ham/bacon
- Toasted muffins/toast
- 3 bsp White wine vinegar
- 75 grams Butter, melted
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- To make the sauce: Drop the vinegar in a small pan and simmer until it has reduced by half the amount. Put the vinegar and eggs yolks in a bowl which is heatproof and set it over a pan of gently simmering water. Whisk the yolks until the mixture is a thick consistency. Gradually whisk in the butter until the mixture has thickened and fully combined.
- Season with your salt and pepper to taste then remove the bowl from the heat and set to one side.
- For the eggs: Pour 5cm/2inches of water in a large frying pan and bring to a gentle simmer. Crack the eggs into the water and simmer for 2-3 mins or until the eggs are poached to ow you prefer.
- Place 2 sliced of toasted muffins on a plate and top with the slices of ham or bacon, then place a poached egg on top. Drizzle a little of the sauce you made earlier over each and serve.