Heart-Shaped Iced Biscuits for Valentine’s Day
Whether you’re baking for your Valentine, Galentine, or a bit of self-love, nothing says ‘I love you’ more than a baked Valentine gift and these heart-shaped iced biscuits are the ideal treat; soft, sweet, and delicious!
Before you get your heart set on making these, tasty treats, don’t forget to add a carton of our free-range eggs to your order!
If you make these easy heart-shaped iced biscuits, let us know what you think! Tag @mcqueensdairies in your photo and add the hashtag #McqueensMakes in your caption!
Heart-Shaped Iced Biscuits
For the biscuits
- 200 grams unsalted butter (softened)
- 200 grams golden caster sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 400 grams plain flour (plus extra for dusting)
- 8-12 19g coloured icing pens
Making the dough
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6
- Put the butter in a bowl and beat it using an electric whisk until soft and creamy.
- Beat in the sugar, then the egg and vanilla and finally the flour to make a dough (If the dough feels a bit sticky, add a little more flour and knead it in.)
Forming the dough
- Cut the dough into six pieces and roll out one at a time to about 5mm thickness on a floured surface.
- Cut out heart shapes by and or with a heart-shaped cutter, and peel away the leftover dough at the edges. Re-roll any off-cuts and repeat.
Baking the biscuits
- Transfer the whole mat or the individual biscuits to a baking sheet (transfer them to baking parchment if not using a mat) and bake for 7-10 mins or until the edges are just brown. You should be able to fit about 12 on each sheet. If you are using two sheets, then the one underneath will take a minute longer.
- Leave to cool completely and repeat with the rest of the dough.
- Ice the biscuits using the pens to make stripes or dots, or colour in the whole biscuit if you like. They will keep for five days in an airtight container.