Poached eggs taste great. They taste even better when you know the secrets to ensure the perfect shape and the yolk seamlessly slides out the whites. Why not have a go using your McQueens Dairies Free Range Eggs?
- When it comes to the depth of the water, using a pot with a minimum of 3-4 inches of water is what will give you the perfect round shape to your poached egg. Using a shallow pan with an inch or 2 of water, you will end up with a flat poached egg.
- Using fresh eggs that have been delivered or bought the day of you making your poached eggs will result in tighter whites. It will also give more of the spherical shape. Our delicious free range eggs delivered in the morning will be perfect for this.
- Cracking your McQueens Dairies eggs into a small sieve and draining out the liquid egg white will help to keep the shape. Transfer the eggs into a smaller dish, this will make it easier to slide into the pot of water.
- Adding vinegar to the water will help the egg to maintain the round shape. Adding salt to the water will change the density of the water. This will cause the egg whites to splay. Add a tablespoon of vinegar and stir it in the water at speed, then take your egg and drop it into the middle.
- For a firm, white and liquid yolk, set a timer for 3 minutes and then remove from the pot. Gently tap your egg to see if it is to your liking, if not, pop back into the water for a further 30 seconds.
How do you like your McQueens eggs in the morning? We would love to see your perfect poached eggs on our social media channels. Use the hashtag #mcqueensdairies to be featured on our Instagram.
Join thousands of customers and enjoy fresh milk, juice and eggs delivered straight to your doorstep before 7am.