This stir-fried vegetable omelette dish is a good way of adding extra vegetables to your diet. It provides at least two of the recommended five a day. The free range eggs supply protein to help re-build muscles after exercise while the vegetables add fibre, vitamins A and C, and potassium.
Stir-fried Vegetable Omelette
- 10 ml Vegetable Oil
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 1 Garlic clove, crushed
- 5 ml chopped root ginger
- 1 Small carrot, cut into strips
- 1/2 Red pepper, sliced
- 60 g Mange-tout, trimmed and halved
- 4 Button mushrooms, sliced
- 15 ml Soy sauce
- 2 Large McQueens Dairies Free Range Eggs
- Salt and Pepper
For the Stir Fry Vegetables:
- Heat the oil in a wok, and then add the onion, garlic and ginger. Cook for around two minutes and add the carrot, mange-tout and mushrooms. Stir-fry for 3 – 4 minutes until softened. Stir in the soy sauce and set aside.
For the Omelette:
- Beat your McQueens Dairies free range eggs in a bowl and add some salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan, add the egg mixture and cook for around 2 – 3 minutes over a medium heat until the egg is almost set all the way through.
- Add the stir-fried vegetables to one half of the omelette and fold the other half over the top. Move onto a plate and serve with a side of your choice.
You can add some cooked chicken to your omelette if you are looking to add meat to this recipe.
We hope you enjoy making this stir-fried vegetable omelette. Be sure tag us on social media using the hashtag #mcqueensdairies
Join thousands of customers and enjoy fresh milk, juice and eggs delivered straight to your doorstep before 7am.